The melding of chocolate and orange has long been a popular and delicious combination. Combine that already great combo with cold brew coffee... this recipe takes it ALL to the next level!
When creating this recipe I was very excited to try different combinations of syrups and rimmers. From crystalized honey, to graham crackers, then when I tried the shortbread cookies, I almost died. WOW! The shortbread cookie rimmer makes it feel like you're having a chocolate orange pie with your cold brew coffee! Be sure to drink this recipe from the cup instead of your straw.
A drink rimmer makes the recipe not only look fancy but it's that something extra special that it adds character, texture and flavor to the drink itself.
The chocolate orange marzipan syrup is like heaven to your senses. It's the perfect combination, then adding the orange syrup to the coffee drink itself... OOOOO now we're talking!
- measuring cup
- measuring spoons
- drinking cup
- mixing cup
- 2 small plates
- mixing spoon
- 4 oz. Bean Hoppers cold brew concentrate
- 3 oz. milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp. Orange simple syrup
- Chocolate Orange Marzipan Sauce
- Shortbread cookie rimmer
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream
- Pour some chocolate orange marzipan into a small bowl and dip the rim of your drinking glass into the chocolate sauce until there is a thick layer.
- Put the shortbread cookie rimmer onto a small plate or bowl and dip the chocolate rim into the shortbread cookies. Make it as thick as possible to hold the chocolate onto the cup.
- Fill the cup with ice.
- In a separate cup, mix milk, cold brew concentrate, and orange syrup together and pour it over the ice.
- Add whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles for that extra "fancy" touch!
Variations: You can step this recipe up a notch by drizzling the chocolate orange marzipan sauce all around the inside of the cup. You can choose to use water instead of milk (as pictured) for a lighter drink.
Get the cold brew kit to make this recipe!
Everything is in the box to make the cold brew and the recipe at home. It's so convenient!
One batch of cold brew makes 15 cold brew drinks, and you get enough specialty ingredients included in the box to make 2 servings of this amazing recipe.
All of the custom ingredients in this recipe are included in the cold brew recipe kit, to make your shopping list very short! All you need to purchase is any dairy products you like best.
What's in the box?
- A 12 oz. bag of coffee (makes about 60 oz. of cold brew
- 1 brewing bag
- Chocolate Orange Marzipan sauce small batches by JT Cooper
- Orange simple syrup hand crafted in small batches by Royal Rose Syrups
- Shortbread cookie rimmer
- Recipe to make cold brew
- Recipe to make Chocolate Orange Shortbread cold brew drink
- 2 red & white drinking straws
- Burlap sack