The best gift for everyone in your life
We can all agree that gift giving can sometimes be challenging. You want to find the perfect way to show your appreciation for that special person, but end up stumped again. You want something meaningful and thoughtful, but not necessarily “over the top”. Something that they know you didn’t pick up last night at the CVS market because you couldn’t think of anything else…
A thoughtful gift is one that you know your recipient will use frequently. An item you know they like. An item that will make them feel appreciated and cared for. An item that makes them think of you when they see it, use it, or consume it.
Typically, the giver subscribes on behalf of the individual. Once you subscribe, your recipient receives a box every month (or on your chosen schedule) filled with items specific to that company’s niche. For example, Bean Hoppers will send your loved one a carefully curated coffee of the month selection from all over the world! The first box even comes with a complete tasting kit, educational tips and gourmet treats. The best part about subscription boxes that contain consumable items is that your recipient won’t run out of a product they use all the time so you’re not only giving them the gift of something delicious, but you’re giving them the gift everyone always says they need more of... time. Time is a precious commodity in this fast-paced world. Thanks to you, they no longer have to pick that item up from a store every week or month, or put it on a shopping list, or order it online themselves; it just shows up. And even better, what you're sending them is of far higher quality than anything they could buy elsewhere. What a wonderful thing!
These days, everyone subscribes to something. Subscription boxes are now one of the fastest growing segments of online sales. Forbes estimates that interest in subscription ecommerce and subscription box services has grown by almost 800% in less than 5 years. The reason is simple. Subscription boxes make the ultimate gifts since it specifically caters to your recipient's interests. There are gift box subscriptions for pretty much everything you can think of from clothing, jewelry, food, coffee, make-up and more.
Think about it; every month when your subscription gift box arrives on your loved one's doorstep, they will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Then every time they use the product, they will think of you. It’s like giving them a big ol’ hug every single day. What could be better!!?
But, what kind of subscription gift boxes make the best gifts?
We recommend a consumable product. Something that your recipient will use every day. Food items are always a welcome item because they use them the most. Coffee, tea, dinners, lotions and creams.
Great benefits of subscription boxes:
- Convenience! Consumable items are replenished on a regular schedule, so there’s no need to plan or shop ahead and they never run out.
- No Risk. There is usually no contract or penalty to cancel or skip.
- The gift lasts longer. Subscriptions spread the gift over several months instead of just one day so your recipient remembers you often.
- Something new every month.
- Easy budgeting. They are always the same cost every month, and you have control of how much you spend and how long you want to spend it. You can purchase a subscription for an allotted amount of time or pay for the allotted time in advance. You can usually get a discount by paying this in advance. Some will allow you to pay monthly for the gift and stop when you’re ready. That would require you to remember to cancel, and you may not get the extra savings, but it could also be an easier way to budget.
Although the word Subscription may seem like there’s a catch and you will get stuck in some sort of contract, they actually generally leave the control to you. You can cancel anytime, change the selections, or pause the deliveries.
The bottom line is – if you want to send a thoughtful gift to a loved one, and you’re willing to spend a little bit of money every month, or pay in advance for an allotted time period, a subscription box is the way to go. You can even buy a subscription box for yourself and save yourself time and energy!